Opgal to Participate in Israeli Consortium in the field of Precision AgricultureFebruary 05, 2018
Opgal Optronic Industries Ltd. will participate in a three-year, multi-million Phenomics Consortium, sponsored by the Israeli Innovation Authority.
The consortium’s objective is to develop tools and systems for precise agriculture, specifically in the field of plant phenotyping technologies, where artificial intelligence algorithms combined with Big Data architectures will provide real time analysis of phenotypic data. It is expected that technologies and comprehensive data to be developed by the consortium will potentially be transformative for precision agriculture plant treatment solutions, while at the same time providing new and advanced capabilities for all science-based research and development of agricultural products.
Any Intellectual Property developed by the consortium will be shared among its members which include companies like Elbit Systems, Evogen, and Hazera Seeds, as well as some of Israel’s leading academic institutes.
“We are proud to join forces with other leading Israeli companies in the Phenomics Consortium,” stated Omer Yanai, VP of Emerging Technologies and Business Development at Opgal. “We trust that Opgal’s advanced thermal imaging capabilities can provide insights that will improve our understanding of plant phenotypes and will improve precise agriculture for generations to come. This project is yet another proof to the various applications of thermal imaging to the civilian market”.
- The Journey of Elevated Body Temperature (EBT) Detection
- 10 Thermal Imaging Tips - #2 Cooled vs. Uncooled
- 10 Thermal Imaging Tips - #1 Ranges
- Border Surveillance – On the Move
- On Drones, Thermal Cameras, and the Future of Humanity
- OGI Part 3: Opgal EyeCGas® Product Line
- New applications for thermal imaging devices around the world - Oct 2018
- New applications for thermal imaging devices around the world - Sep 2018
- THE VERSATILITY OF THERMAL IMAGING
- OGI P.2: Effectiveness of gas leak detection technologies
Border Surveillance (2) Defense (6) Drones (1) Elevated Body Temperature (1) Environment (4) Fire Detection (4) Gas Leak Detection (11) General (3) Handheld Thermal Cameras (8) Industrial (1) Law Enforcement (7) Mobile (3) Multi-Camera PTZ Systems (2) Oil and Gas (6) Opgal (1) Personal Vision Systems (2) Safe City (5) Search and Rescue (3) Security (13) Thermal Cameras (28) Thermography (3)