10 Thermal Imaging Tips – #1 RangesNovember 12, 2019
Hear our Thermal Experts talk about their thermal imaging tips.
Tom Gibbs, our US Sales Director, starts the series with a small tip about surveillance ranges, AKA – DRI:
When your customer tells you that they need to see a target at 5 km, you first need to determine what they want to see.
A human? A tank? A cat? The size of the target effects the range.
Then, ensure you and your customer are talking about the same thing. What does “seeing” mean? We normally define this by using terms such as Detection, Recognition and Identification – AKA: DRI.
Ask your customer how many pixels they need to see?
- Detection is normally 2 pixels, but we really don’t know what we’re seeing – only that there’s something there.
- Recognition is 6 pixels and we can determine if it’s a human or an animal, and if he has something large in his hands.
- Identification – that’s 12 pixels and now we can see clothing, backpacks and any object in hand.
- Defining this ahead of time with your customer can be the key to avoiding some uncomfortable and expensive do-overs.
Stay tuned for the next tip – coming soon!
security surveillance thermal experts
- The Journey of Elevated Body Temperature (EBT) Detection
- 10 Thermal Imaging Tips - #2 Cooled vs. Uncooled
- 10 Thermal Imaging Tips - #1 Ranges
- Border Surveillance – On the Move
- On Drones, Thermal Cameras, and the Future of Humanity
- OGI Part 3: Opgal EyeCGas® Product Line
- New applications for thermal imaging devices around the world - Oct 2018
- New applications for thermal imaging devices around the world - Sep 2018
- THE VERSATILITY OF THERMAL IMAGING
- OGI P.2: Effectiveness of gas leak detection technologies
Border Surveillance (2) Defense (6) Drones (1) Elevated Body Temperature (1) Environment (4) Fire Detection (4) Gas Leak Detection (11) General (3) Handheld Thermal Cameras (8) Industrial (1) Law Enforcement (7) Mobile (3) Multi-Camera PTZ Systems (2) Oil and Gas (6) Opgal (1) Personal Vision Systems (2) Safe City (5) Search and Rescue (3) Security (13) Thermal Cameras (28) Thermography (3)