OGI Part 3: Opgal EyeCGas® Product LineOctober 18, 2018
Opgal EyeCGas® product line features four different types of Optical gas imaging cameras, each with its own set of unique features and capabilities that are hard to match, if at all possible, for any other product on the market today.
EyeCGas® cameras not only answer but exceed requirements set forward by our customers who are seeking strictest regulations compliance, highest safety possible, and top efficiency and speed while maintaining reasonable costs and ease of use.
Opgal’s EyeCGas® cameras are certified for use in ATEX (ATEX II 3G Ex nL IIC T6), CSA, and UL (Class 1 Div2) hazardous environments. Each camera in EyeCGas® has a narrow specialization allowing it to be particularly effective in detection of certain gases that usually have unique spectral range. That is why handheld EyeCGas® devices have become indispensable cameras of choice for many large- and small-scale operations.
With a handheld EyeCGas® OGI camera the operator can faster find even the smallest of leaks and safer scan a large area of the facility, including areas that are hazardous and thus inaccessible with other similar products on the market. The advantages become quickly obvious: Site operators proactively reduce fugitive emissions and repair equipment before major damage is done and businesses improve their bottom lines and avoid inflicting bigger damage on the environment, all the while eradicating workplace injuries.
We offer the following products in the EyeCGas® product line:
EyeCGas® 2.0 VOC
EyeCGas® 2.0 VOC is an ultimate OGI camera. It is OOOOa compliant, rugged handheld camera for fast and effective detection of fugitive gas emissions that has been designed and engineered to effortlessly detect methane gas and many volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
We listened to our customers and the industry needs and all new EyeCGas® VOC OGI cameras now have the following improvements:
- Built-In Wireless Capabilities: EyeCGas® 2.0 is the most connected OGI camera in the world. It offers easy connectivity to Wi-Fi networks for storage and sharing options and can act as a Wireless Hotspot for your mobile or desktop devices.
- Improved Sensitivity: Added an ability to detect even the smallest leaks in compliance with the US EPA’s OOOOa (“Quad Oa”). For example, thanks to NETD of <10mK this camera can detect 0.35 g/hr of Methane.
- Thermographic Mode: This much-demanded feature will show temperature measurements and color palettes on the LCD screen.
- Built-In LDAR Capabilities: Bluetooth connectivity with Method 21 Analyzers and wireless connectivity with leading LDAR software.
- On-Board Media Recording and Storage: The device has a built-in 64 Gb storage card to keep all your past scan data for easy reference right on the field.
EyeCGas® 2.0 was certified to meet IEC standards for temperature, humidity, vibration, dust and water intrusion and is the only camera certified for use in ATEX (ATEX II 3G Ex nL IIC T6), CSA, and UL (Class 1 Div2) hazardous environments and has a host of other certifications (refer to the product booklet for a complete list). With this camera the operator can inspect locations that other gas cameras on the market would not let him or her do so.
EyeCGas® CO2 is a handheld OGI camera that has many of the features that EyeCGas® has but it is specifically designed for CO2 gas leak detection. It is a particularly great choice for safe detection of very small concentrations of carbon dioxide emissions. Besides, it can be effectively used with a tracer gas for finding leaks at levels as low as 3% of the total gas concentration or in enhanced oil recovery (EOR) operations.
Its designated areas of application are steel, oil and gas, and nuclear energy facilities.
This camera is also certified for use in ATEX zone 2 and UL class I Div II hazardous environments.
EyeCGas® CO is a handheld OGI camera specifically engineered for effortless and safe CO gas leak detection that is a must-have for the steel, chemical, and power generation facilities but also other operations where CO emissions need to be closely monitored.
With this camera you can safely and remotely detect and locate carbon monoxide and a number of other harmful gas emissions. The EyeCGas®CO is suitable for routine and on-demand inspections.
It is also the only OGI camera that is certified for ATEX zone 2 and UL class I Div II hazardous environments.
EyeCGas® FX is an innovative product that has been designed based on user requirements. Building on the expertise of the handheld EyeCGas® cameras, it is a next generation fixed camera able to detect 30+ volatile gases that has specifically been designed for installation in natural gas, oil, and petrochemical plants as well as offshore platforms and rigs.
It is a perfect choice for 24/7, year-round monitoring. EyeCGas® FX integrates with the plant’s software. When a leak is detected, the camera automatically alerts the personnel via a color display and warning message. It has an extremely low false alarm rate.
The camera is also verified to meet sensitivity/safety standards: IECEx -ATEX Ex II 2G d T6, NEC 500 Class1 Division I.
This concludes our blog series on OGI technology. The advantages of OGI when compared to traditional methods such as Method 21 sniffers become obvious very fast. For one thing, inspecting with sniffers is much more labor-intensive and add many more man-hours. Last but not least, the use of OGI will undoubtedly help reduce amount of escaped gas. And gas leakage is throwing money away and damage to the environment.
Opgal’s EyeCGas® cameras have rapidly advanced to the forefront of gas leak detection technology, primarily because of the reliability, sensitivity to particular set of gases, speed with which our products can detect leaks over a large area, and compliance with strict regulations. Facilities that made our products a regular part of their monitoring strategy have greatly reduced their levels of fugitive gas leaks and are saving money big time by avoiding major problems before they develop.
- OGI Part 3: Opgal EyeCGas® Product Line
- New applications for thermal imaging devices around the world - Oct 2018
- New applications for thermal imaging devices around the world - Sep 2018
- THE VERSATILITY OF THERMAL IMAGING
- OGI P.2: Effectiveness of gas leak detection technologies
- All About Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) – Part 1: Complying with regulations
- Intro to IR (Part 5): Lens
- Intro to IR (Part 4): Optics
- Intro to IR (Part 3): Sensitivity, resolution and frame rate
- Intro to IR (Part 2): Cooled vs. uncooled cameras, sensitivity, resolution, frame rate
Defense (3) Environment (3) Fire Detection (4) Gas Leak Detection (11) General (1) Handheld Thermal Cameras (8) Industrial (1) Law Enforcement (5) Mobile (3) Multi-Camera PTZ Systems (0) Oil and Gas (6) Opgal (1) Personal Vision Systems (2) Safe City (5) Search and Rescue (3) Security (9) Thermal Cameras (24) Thermography (3)