Since 1983, Opgal has provided one of the broadest product lines of innovative thermal cameras and near-infrared illumination camera solutions. The breadth and depth of this product line establishes Opgal as a leading player in the complex and wide-ranging defense, security, industrial, and aviation markets.
In the Security market, Opgal enables transportation, city and state governments, industrial, and utility customers to detect, recognize, and identify security threats 24/7 even in complete darkness and difficult visibility conditions.
A market leader in the Defense industry, Opgal is known for working closely with customers to deliver custom made solutions that address specific needs.
For the Industrial industry, Opgal developed the only gas leak detection camera of its kind in the world that has been certified for use in sensitive and hazardous locations according to American and European standards (ATEX, CSA, UL).
The company was also the first to provide an FAA-approved landing assist and situational awareness system for the avionic industry.
Decades of research and development have been invested in state-of-the art and unmatched image-processing capabilities. Opgal’s technology, based on exploiting minute levels of energy to produce meaningful video data, goes far beyond standard image quality. Opgal’s products facilitate the detailed insight required to make the correct assessment of a situation and take appropriate action.
Key benefits to customers and partners:
- A wide variety of products and technologies
- Unparalleled video quality for accurate analytics with minimal false alarms
- Thermal imaging and near-infrared illumination cameras
- Custom made solutions for defense customers for fast time to market
- Over 30 years of field proven technology and experience
Backed by years of success, Opgal is a global company with customers in over 60 countries.
Vice President, R&D
Yael is in charge of Opgal’s research and development activities across all business units. Yael has more than 20 years of experience in software development management and change management positions.
Prior to joining Opgal, Yael held the position of Senior Director Lean Engineering leading the lean-agile transformation of Elbit Systems Aerospace division engineering department and Software Senior Director leading a department of 120+ engineers.
Yael holds a B.SC. in Computer Engineering with honors, M.Sc in Bio-medical Engineering both from the Technion, and MBA degree with honors from Haifa University.
Vice President, Human Resources
Merav holds overall responsibility for Opgal Human Resources including welfare, recruitment, training, employees and managers development, and labor law. Merav has over twenty- four years of management experience in variety positions. Prior to Opgal, Merav worked at Manpower inc. as regional account manager and branches manager, at Vishay Intertechnology as HR senior manager and recently at Trima Pharmaceutical Products as head of human resources.
Merav holds a BA. in political science from Haifa University, Israel.
President and CEO
Ehud Dinerman was appointed as the Company’s President and Chief Executive Officer, effective April 2018. From August 2013 until his current appointment, he served as vice president of research and development at Mul-T-Lock, ENTR Business Unit Manager and established the ASSA ABLOY EMEA Smart Door Locks development center in Israel.
Prior to that, he held several positions at Rokar, ODF Optronics, Amobee, Intel and Elbit systems.
Mr. Dinerman holds a B. Sc degree in Information Systems Engineering and a M.B.A degree from Haifa University.
Vice President, Finance
Tsachi is an experienced CFO, having held CFO positions for the last 15 years in international companies, including in companies listed on the Tel Aviv stock exchange.
At Opgal, Tsachi is responsible for overseeing all of the company’s financial, IT, and legal activities. More specific experience and responsibilities include financing, accounting, financial and tax reports, budget planning and control, costing, cash flow, hedging, multi-year business plans, government grants, valuations, insurance, ERP systems, etc. Tsachi also has extensive experience with capital markets, and in raising money through equity, credit lines, and government grants.
Tsachi is a certified accountant, and holds a B.A with honors in Economy and Accounting from Haifa University, and an M.B.A. with honors in Economy and Marketing from Ruppin College, Israel.
Vice President, Sales, Marketing and Programs
Yossi Yaron is responsible for driving the company’s sales revenue for Commercial Security and safety, contributing to Opgal’s growth in the Civil and HLS markets. Yossi also acts as the head of Marketing, ensuring sales & marketing alignment within Opgal, and overseeing the company’s current and future positioning, all with the goal of continuously increasing global presence and market share.
Yossi joined Opgal in 2011 and prior to his current position, Yossi was Director and head of international sales for the Security business unit.
Before joining Opgal, Yossi managed the international Sales of Johnson’s Medical Imaging, with focus on North America and English speaking countries in Africa.
Yossi holds a B.SC. in Computer Science (with honors) and MBA degree in Executive Business Management both from Haifa University.
Vice President, Industrial Business Unit
Yaron heads Opgal’s Industrial Unit, overseeing the EyeCGas® product-line for optical gas-leak detection solutions. Prior to his current position, Yaron acted as VP of Marketing & Business Development, leading the company’s strategic global expansion.
Yaron has over Seventeen years of management experience in a variety of positions. In the areas of Business development, Marketing & Sales and Operations management, mainly in the Electro-optical & defense industry. Prior to joining Opgal, Yaron held the position of CEO at Odem Plast & Kidskit, a leading manufacturer of infant and toddler products.
Yaron holds a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the Technion and an M.B.A. (merit) from University of Derby.
Vice President, Operations
Igal holds overall responsibility for Opgal’s operations including: supply chain management, inventory management, purchasing, import / export, new product introduction, and production. In this role he oversees the delivery of thousands of Opgal cameras to customers in tens of countries globally. Igal has over twenty five years of management experience in a variety of positions. Prior to joining Opgal, Igal held the position of EVP of Global Operations & Supply Chain at Risco Group, and a number of operations and procurement management positions in companies such as Elscint and Comverse.
Igal holds a B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering & Management from the Technion and an M.B.A. from University of Derby, Israel.
Ernest is an accomplished scientist and researcher in the field of video and signal processing. He has over forty five years of experience in algorithm design, development, and implementation. Graduating from Israel’s Military Intelligence labs, Ernest joined Elscint where he developed the first ever Gamma camera for medical applications. Later he joined Elbit where he was responsible for the development of air-to-ground ‘send and forget’ system algorithms. He joined Opgal in 1999 and was one of the leaders in transitioning Opgal from a production focused company to an R&D company. At Opgal Ernest has led some of the most important projects fueling the company’s revenues. He was in charge of the development of the Enhanced Vision System (EVS), Opgal’s flagship product for the aviation market which, for many years, was the only FAA approved EVS system, and is still the number 1 system worldwide. Later, he helped develop Opgal’s OGI fugitive gas leak detection camera, the EyeCGas, winning accolades for its outstanding performance. Ernest is material in all of Opgal’s new development programs and ventures, including cooled and uncooled cores, Therm-App®, NDtherm® and others.
Ernest has authored many research articles and was a popular speaker at industry events. He holds a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering & Physics from the Technion and an M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from Tel Aviv University, Israel.
Technical ManagerJun 25, 2019
- Complete Project/Product/Product Line development (including technical, quality, schedule and budget aspects)
- Manage development team throughout the entire development life cycle
- Define system requirements and system tests, including qualification and proof of design tests
- Provide technical direction for the development, design, and system integration
- Management and coordination of sub-contractors
- Continuous interaction with product management, marketing and production
- Pre-sale support
- Passion for new technologies
- Sc. in electrical engineering / computer engineering / electro-optical engineering / system engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience as a project manager / technical manager leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with electro-optical systems and embedded software
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hebrew
- Experience with thermal imaging / image processing / computer vision / software analytics – an advantage
You are welcome to send your CV to: email@example.com
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Senior Software EngineerMay 21, 2019
We are looking for a motivated experienced software engineer to join our team in developing next generation thermal imaging products. In this role you will take part in professional leadership within an agile team. You will be responsible for guiding design choices and implementation methods.
- Develop and implement features and fixes to our next generation thermal imaging software platform
- Take active part in designing new features and oversee the implementation
- Help guiding the development process
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or demonstrated equivalent experience
- At least a 7-year experience as a software engineer
- Deep knowledge of C++
- Experience in developing for multi-threaded multi-core environments
- Knowledge of Linux internals
- Proven experience with system design
- Experience with developing for the Linux kernel is a big plus
- Experience with ARM architecture is a plus
- Knowledge of Image Processing is a plus
You are welcome to send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.orgSUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Marketing & Export License CoordinatorMay 07, 2019
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing & Export License Coordinator to deal with all marketing and exporting matters in front of the Defense Export Control Agency (DECA) and the Ministry of Finance.
- Familiarity with DECA export rules – mandatory
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the Israeli defense industries and DECA – request submission and/or supervisor
- Skillful in ERP systems (Priority) & Microsoft Office
- Fluent English – oral & literal
- Great inter-personal skills
- Open minded, motivated, team-player
You are welcome to send your CV to: email@example.comSUBMIT AN APPLICATION